How to hang your art
HANGING GALLERY FRAMED PRINTS
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS:
IF YOUR ART HAS A SAWTOOTH HANGER
1. Hold frame to wall at desired position.
2. Leave finger or light pencil mark at the sawtooth hanger location.
3. Apply drywall screw w/ a Phillips-Head screwdriver at the location of the pencil mark.
4. Leave the screw sticking out 1/8" to 1/4" from wall.
5. Hang the sawtooth hanger on the screw and check with a level.
IF YOUR ART HAS TWO D-RINGS
1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADD A WIRE. The two D-rings are meant to hang on two separate hooks.
2. If your piece is large and awkward to handle yourself, have a friend help.
3. Rub pencil on the corner of the D-rings and make sure the D-rings are flipped up. That's how they'll eventually hang on the picture hangers.
4. Hold frame straight using a level.
5. Gently place frame against the wall in desired position. This will transfer small pencil marks for the picture hangers onto the wall.
6. Position your picture hangers so the hooks align with the pencil marks on the wall.
7. Hammer the nails through your two picture hangers.
8. Hang the D-rings on the picture hangers. Check with a level.
IF YOUR ART HAS A HANGING WIRE
1. Hold frame to wall at desired position and lightly mark on the wall where the center top of the frame is with pencil or removable painter’s tape.
2. On the back of the frame, find the center of the hanging wire and use your finger or the end of a tape measure to pull the hanging wire toward the top of the frame so all slack is taken out of the wire.
3. Measure the distance from where you are holding the wire taut to the top of the frame.
4. From your mark designating the center top of the frame on the wall, measure down the distance from Step 3 and mark an x there in light pencil. This is where you will hammer your hardware into the wall.
5. Position your hook and nail on the wall and hammer the nail through the hook.
6. Erase the pencil marks or remove the tape on the wall.
7. Use your hands to help guide the wire securely onto the hanger. If your piece is too large and too awkward to handle yourself, have a friend hold the frame while you guide the wire onto the wall hanger.
8. Once you’ve got the wire onto the wall hanger, check it with a level.
IF YOUR ART HAS A FRENCH CLEAT, CLICK HERE
Kristi Kohut Studio/Hapi Art and Pattern LLC bears no responsibility or liability for the installation of our products.